High Contrast Mode can improve readability of apps and documents on your screen. Most devices have a High Contrast Mode option that can be enabled. Follow the steps below for instructions on how to turn high contrast mode on for your device.
To turn on High Contrast mode, do the following:
- Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Ease of Access > High contrast.
- To turn on high contrast mode, select the toggle button under Turn on high contrast.
- A “Please wait” screen might appear, while the colors on the screen change.
- Select the theme that works best for you from the Choose a theme dropdown menu.
- To turn off high contrast mode, select the Turn on high contrast toggle button again.
For more information on High Contrast mode in Windows, including how to create your own custom theme for the mode, click here.
To turn on high contrast text on your Android device, try these steps:
- Open your device's Settings app.
- Tap Accessibility.
- Turn on High contrast text.
Note: High-contrast text is an experimental feature and might not be available for all apps.
For more information on the accessibility options for Android devices, click here.
To increase the contrast on your iOS device:
- Go to Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size.
- Find the option to Increase Contrast and adjust to your liking.
For more information on the accessibility options for Apple iOS, click here.