This is likely due to not having the latest Windows Updates and/or is a service issue.
- To check for Windows Updates, follow these steps.
- Also, ensure no 3rd party firewall software is blocking ports to the game.
- Next go into the game and click on the ‘Menu’ button in the upper left (while signed in).
- Click on ‘Game Options’ and scroll to the bottom of the menu and toggle OFF and ON the ‘Enable cloud saving (requires sign-in)’ option. This will trigger the game to grab all your save progress from the cloud (which can take a few minutes).
If the above does not solve the issue. Try the following additional steps:
- Launch 'Settings' and choose 'Apps'.
- In the 'Search this list' option, type “Microsoft Ultimate Word Games”.
- Click on the Ultimate Word Games icon and choose “Advanced options”.
- Select “Reset”.
- This can take up to 10 minutes to reset.
- When done, Restart your computer from the power menu.