Game app performance can become “buggy” and unreliable if the app is not up to date. Updates go out to fix known issues and to ensure things run smoothly with your updated operating system. It is important to keep your games and operating system up to date for the best performance.
Here’s how to find out if you’re running the latest version of your game.
- Open the Microsoft Store and sign in with the account you use to play the game.
- In the search box, type the name of the game. For example, type Microsoft Solitaire Collection in the search box.
- Select the game.
- On the game detail page, the button will show "Open" if you have the latest version. If it shows "Update", select it to update your game.
Alternatively, you can select the ellipsis (...) in the Windows Store (to the right of the search box), and then select Downloads and Updates to see if there is an update available for your game.
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- Tap Menu "My apps & games".
- Apps with an update available are labeled "Update." You can also search for a specific app.
- Tap "Update".
- Open the App Store.
- Tap your profile icon at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to see pending updates and release notes.
- Tap "Update" next to an app to update only that app, or tap "Update All".